Thursday, December 07, 2006

What can only be described as guilt...

Yesterday, rather self-riteously, I declared war on the world of blogging. Call me arrogant and stubborn if you will (not to my face if you can help it), but I was determined to expose this PDP blogging exercise for the charade I truly believed it was.

Today, however, I have had a change of heart. Please take a few moments to recover from the shock...
>
>
>
>
done? Good.
Anyway, the truth is that is the past 24 hours my damned insatiable curiosity has had the better of me. I couldn't help but have a sneaky peak at the blogs of my fellow Scriptwriting elite and I am going to have to admit that they are pretty good. This is when it occured to me... perhaps PDP really does have a purpose.
If you were to ask any member of the "regime" what this was, you would probably get your head lopped off for being so bold as to question their methods of (ahem) teaching. This is all about "reflecting" and "enhancing" and "expressing" and... you know what? I HATE hippy, dancing-around-the-actual-point, make-you-feel-like-a-moron-because-you-don't-get-it, management-speak. Not hate like I hate brussel sprouts. Not even hate like I hate Westlife*. I'm talking spider-hating hate now guys (and that's a pretty terrifying phobia of mine to say the least!).

So I'm going to lay it all out on the table for my legion of faithful readers (that's a metaphorical table for those of you who are socially inept)... I'm no longer here because I have to be.

Gasp!

I have decided that what started only yesterday as a God-forsaken chore that I would protest until my deathbed could be turned into something I'm actually quite fond of. Heck, it's probably my favourite thing in life second, perhaps third, to Take That and Baileys! It is COMPETITION. There are few activities that please me as much as the whole-hearted attempt to prove to someone that I am better than them at something! (It's a character flaw, I'm sure you have one too).

AND TO MY CHALLENGE: I will make my blog the BEST of all the PDP blogs (starting from the next post of course - this is just exposition). I say "will" because I'm a pessimist and pessimists love the irony of pretending to be optimists. Plus, you know, I'm pretty awesome and likely to pull it out of the bag (again, a metaphorical bag).

With a new goal to aim for there is no doubt you will find me a more enthusiastic (and hopefully less rambling) blogger henceforth. And the other PDP bloggers? Well, watch out!

TTFN
Sian x x x

(please allow me to apologise for the excessive use of brackets within this post)

* Apologies to all Pestlife enthusiasts, but they really are crap. Watch Take That squash them in February when their singles go head-to-head!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marian said...

Who knew that we would share a similar character flaw – what I like to call enthusiasm for the task I hand. I went to the Scriptwriters’ fundraiser on Friday night and discovered to my shame that I was intent on kicking arse when it came to the actual quiz. Something about banging away for nearly two years now about an approach to learning that I really believe in slowly bearing fruit suddenly caught my less appealing personality. I operate a number of personas, and the one that has to maintain a calm demeanour while I answer the same question - often to the same questioner - for the, ooh-I-don’t-know-THIRTY THIRD TIME is beginning to fray. Anyway, I took an unhealthy pleasure in competing, and an even greater pleasure in the fact that our unofficial team (Sheila, Mazza and Marie, all stars) achieved the highest score. By far.

The other thing that I discovered is that Phil Mathews has odd taste music, I already knew that Jan Weddup is one of the funniest/coolest/kindest guys on the planet.

And you are correct, Sian, the blogs to which you refer are pretty good. And thanks again to the reference to the 'regime'. None taken...

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, so what option did you pick? The "I'm no longer teacher's pet and bitter about it" option?
Anyway on a nicer note, good luck with making the best PDP blog ever, and I liked your episode drama diagrams, who ever knew you were handy with the felt pen.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home